How to Make A Chunky Potato Soup
You will need the following ingredients
3 medium red potatoes
2 cups water
1 small onion
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
Crushed red pepper flakes
Ground black pepper
3 cups milk
1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender,
drain, reserving liquid. Set aside the potatoes.
Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary; set aside
3. Peel and finely chop the onion. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently: until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
4. Add flour to saucepan; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3 to 4 minute.
5. Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to the onion mixture in saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
This is a delicious and very filling soup.