You won’t find a moister, better tasting cake!
A delicious dessert.
You will need the following ingredients:
2 cans of tart pitted cherries, undrained
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 chocolate cake layers, baked and cooled (9 inch round).
3 cups cold whipping cream
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1. Drain cherries reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine reserved cherry juice, cherries, granulated sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Add vanilla and stir.
2. Split each cake layer in half horizontally. Crumble one half layer; set aside.
3. Beat cold whipping cream and the confectioners’ sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer set at high speed until stiff peaks form. Reserves 1 1/2 cups whipped cream for decorative piping
4. Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup whipped cream; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with second cake layer, 1 cup whipped cream and 3/4 cup cherry topping: top with third cake layer.
5. Frost cake sides with remaining whipped cream; Pat gently with reserved cake crumbs.
6. Spoon reserved 1 1/2 cups whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. Spoon remaining cherry topping over top of cake.